Tuesday 15 May 2012

Recipe: Uber Fruity Smoothie!

I've gotten back into my smoothie making ways lately, here is one of my favourites - Uber Fruity Smoothie :-)

Ingredients
2 small-med bananas
5 med strawberrys, cut in half
a small handful of blueberries
1 large, or 2 small kiwi fruits innards
a small handful of raspberries
a small handful of blackberries

Method
Chuck everything together into a cup/bowl/jug/blender/smoothie maker and whizz until its all blended and delicious. Add a drop of milk and a huge dollop of vanilla ice cream, whizz again so its thick, smooth and well blended. Pour into drinking receptacles and enjoy! :-)

Yeah, I admit.. the ice cream does kinda counter act the low fat goodness of the fruit and milk! But this is how I like and do my smoothies. You can use low fat yoghurt, soy milk, or freeze the fruit before you blitz it.

I have also concocted a different version of this - banana, kiwi fruit, blueberries, strawberries and a clemantine. Well Lush.
Such a good way to get fruits into fussy people! (I include myself in this - I can't eat blueberries or blackberries, and I'm fussy about strawberries. The kiwi fruits I used were not quite ripe so they have been put to good use!)

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment